Under direct and indirect supervision, administratively support all administrative and Enrollment Management functions of the Admissions and Student Success office in Atlanta:
• Enters and updates records, comments, status updates, and tasks in Slate, Campus Nexus, shared department Outlook mailbox, and other related systems in a timely manner,
• Receives, sorts, matches, and files electronic and paper documents in applicants’ and students’ advising files; manages unmatched documents via inquiry process,
• Answers incoming chat, texts, calls and emails; makes outgoing calls, collects prospect information, and answers or routes appropriately to provide information for current and prospective students,
• Assists prospects, students, colleagues, walk-in visitors, and others by answering questions, giving campus tours, and overall assisting them through the admissions process,
• Supports marketing and admissions visitation events with planning, ordering, receiving, preparing materials, tracking, and hosting responsibilities,
• Runs pre-programmed reports and utilizes various software packages as a function of the admissions department,
• Assists in the recruiting and marketing of academic programs, enrollment conversions, and service to prospects and applicants,
• Order supplies, maintain currency of marketing materials in public-facing areas and folders, file, tidy, purge, and maintain storage, file room, desk area, and lobby of Admissions office. Liaise with University Operations groups for the smooth running of the office.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or Director of Admissions.
- Ability to do rapid, accurate, and thorough data entry, notation, scanning, document review, and FERPA-protected data handling.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook to produce correspondence and reports.
- Candidates must possess excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to assist in attracting, serving, recruiting and enrolling prospective students.
- Must possess the utmost professionalism in maintaining confidentiality and privacy, exercising judgment, resolving conflict, and managing time-sensitive priorities (work accuracy under deadlines).
- Outgoing, cheerful, collegial, cordial, willing, and helpful to all as the face of Mercer University to visitors, staff, and faculty.