Responsible for designing and performing detailed efforts in the assigned discipline, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Analysis of existing technology applications, processes and products, taking into consideration costs, life cycle considerations, reliability, maintainability, productivity, and long-term support.
- Performing intensive technology research and evaluation of a broad array of alternative solutions to improve existing implementations.
- Defining and implementing advanced technological implementations and evaluations to provide risk reduction and determine production feasibility of improved and alternate technological implementations.
- Designing, implementing and achieving operational status of advanced technological and engineering approaches to satisfy customer needs.
Responsible for providing detailed cross functional engineering communication, design, evaluation, and implementations achieving novel and unique functionality and capability through multi-disciplined engineering applications through:
- Participation in multi-discipline design teams and process action team efforts.
- Preparing and presenting design alternatives to a multi-discipline review peer group.
- Preparing and implementing designs that apply multi-discipline solutions achieving breakthrough performance and unique technological applications.
Responsible for technical interface with present and perspective customers through the following activities:
- Diagnosing existing and perspective customer needs and opportunities through informal and formal interaction to understand present operations and limitations and customer priorities and needs.
- Preparing and presenting detailed technical presentations, using information gathered both directly and indirectly, to provide customer insight into technological capabilities that could significantly improve operations.
- Ensuring strong technical communication and understanding through use of terms, design illustrations and operating paradigms that are common to the customer experience.
- Provides detailed technical information to program managers including cost, schedule and technical risk assessments at all stages of implementation.
Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
Adheres to approved MERC MSP quality management policies and principles, and promotes an attitude of commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Ensures familiarity with all MERC core capabilities and with current and potential customer base.
During all customer contacts, remains alert for any potential problems or opportunities that could possibly lead to additional business for any MERC core capability area.
Reports all perceived or identified MERC business opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.