- Designs and develops software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Develops Software & Cybersecurity Program Area standard operating procedures.
- Consults with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Performs as a strategic subject matter expert, providing input to cybersecurity policies, procedures, or standards.
- Designs, creates, modifies, integrates, tests, or maintains system software, applications, embedded software, engineering/scientific software, web applications, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence-based software.
- Communicates with colleagues and more senior developers on technical designs and development.
- Documents the software design using flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, self-documenting code, inline comments, and/or other appropriate documentation.
- Develops software solution by studying existing code, user requirements, data usage, and systems flow.
- Provides project status to internal and external customers.
- Analyzes source code and recommend software quality and/or performance improvements.
- Manages the software development life cycle.
- Decomposes complex software requirements into actionable steps.
- Manages role-based access control and access control list for systems & devices.
- Collaborates with customers, other companies, and cross-product area on Software and Cybersecurity Product Area projects.
- Prepares reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Directs system testing and validation procedures.
- Directs software programming and documentation development.