Responsible for assessing the state of the art, defining new implementations & concepts, leading, designing, and performing detailed
engineering efforts using unique applications of technology and/or multidiscipline teams, including but not limited to providing leadership
and participating with a technical team in the conduct of the following tasks:
- Analysis of existing technology applications, processes, and products, taking into consideration costs, life cycle considerations,
reliability, maintainability, productivity, and long-term support.
- Performing intensive technology research & evaluation of a broad array of alternative solutions to improve existing implementations.
- Defining and implementing advanced technological implementations and evaluations to provide risk reduction & determine production
feasibility of improved and alternate technological implementations.
- Designing, implementing, and achieving operational status of advanced technological and engineering approaches to satisfy customer needs.
Responsible for organizing, conducting and achieving detailed cross functional engineering communication, design, evaluation, and
implementations providing novel and unique functionality and capability through multi-disciplined engineering applications by:
- Organizing technical teams of multidiscipline persons to construct a range of technological implementations and solutions for a
- Participation in multi-discipline design teams and process action team efforts.
- Preparing and presenting design alternatives to a multidiscipline review peer group.
- Preparing and implementing designs that apply multidiscipline solutions achieving breakthrough performance and unique technological applications.
Responsible for leading technical teams in their technical interface with present and perspective customers through the following
- Diagnosing existing and perspective customer needs and opportunities through informal and formal interaction to understand present operations and limitations and customer priorities and needs.
- Leading teams in preparing and presenting detailed program presentations providing unique and novel technical solutions, cost
estimates, and implementation schedules, using information gathered both directly and indirectly, to provide customer insight into technological capabilities that could significantly improve operations.
- Ensuring strong technical communication and understanding through use of terms, design illustrations, and operating paradigms that are common to the customer experience.
- Gathers, tracks, maintains, and provides detailed technical, cost, labor, material, and schedule information on programs to senior managers including cost, schedule, and technical risk assessments at all stages of implementation.
- Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
- Adheres to approved MSP quality management policies and principles, and promotes an attitude of commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Ensures thorough familiarity and awareness of all MERC core capabilities and with the MERC current and potential customer base.
- During all business-related activities, particularly during customer contacts, remains alert for any problem or opportunity that might lead
to additional business for any MERC core business area.
- Whenever possible, uses any available opportunity to promote MERC capabilities and interests to customers and potential customers.
- Submits suggestions for new business opportunities or report identified customer problems or opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through the Chief Engineer.