- Responsible for software architecture, technical leadership, high-level design, and coding of state-of-the-art systems.
- Responsible for the leadership of design, development and implementation of multiple OS on platforms, peripherals, and applications using a range of applicable technologies (i.e.: programming languages, compilers, assemblers and other tools) and software engineering methodologies.
- Applies specific skills as required including, but not limited to: programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; embedded software/firmware.
- Applies strong analytical problem solving and debugging skills for complex issues across multiple programs.
- Responsible for the successful delivery, integration, and deployment of quality software.
- Effectively leads interactions with business partners to drive the design, implementation, integration, and deployment.
- Applies experience and leadership skills in all phases of software development: feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test, and delivery.
- Effectively manages and leads cross-functional teams addressing complex programs, issues, and problems.
- Remains abreast of all applicable technical advancements and participates in technical consulting to military and private company customers.
- Validates and develops new mathematical models
- Applies and adapts theoretical principles to develop new computer software and/or hardware solutions.
- Develops approaches to solve analytical problems and documents methodologies.
- Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
- Adheres to approved MERC MSP quality management policies and principles and promotes an attitude of commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Ensures thorough familiarity and awareness of all MERC core capabilities and remains alert for any opportunities to promote MERC capabilities and interests to customers and potential customers.
- Submits suggestions for new business opportunities or report identified customer problems or opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.