The Diagnostic Lab Fulfillment Specialist’s primary duties will involve maintaining adequate daily supplies, up to date inventory and records, troubleshooting supply chain, tracking orders, product delivery/distribution, cataloging supplies, proper labeling, and accounting of receipts. Must have the ability to evolve plans to maintain quantity and quality of supplies. Must maintain an up to date knowledge of current laboratory procedures and supplies being used. The Fulfillment Specialist will need to understand the importance of health policies and safety regulations. This will include proper preparation of clinical samples for testing, record keeping, maintaining equipment, safe work environment, cleaning and sterilizing equipment, chemical inventory, working with biohazard waste, complying with frequently evolving procedures, providing technical support, performing end of day procedures, and being familiar with Windows, Excel, and Word. This Diagnostic Lab Fulfillment Specialist will also need to be an effective technical communicator when interacting with the Lab Manager, Director, Specialist, Consultants, and other laboratory personnel. The incumbent is expected to work well as part of the Diagnostic Lab team and independently.
A minimum of an associate's degree in a chemical, biological, physical, or medical laboratory discipline or a closely related field and some relevant laboratory experience are required. In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. The successful candidate must have strong computer skills to enter data, interface with online protocols and modules, and conduct literature and internet searches. Must be able to organize data analysis with Microsoft Teams, Word, Power Point and Excel. In addition, must possess the ability to learn computer-based and web-based applications required for data collection and management, document preparation and formatting, and uploading of student information.
1. Fulfillment of laboratory supply orders
2. Shipping sensitive items domestically via FedEx, UPS, USPS
3. Flexibility and ability to multi-task
4. Work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment
5. Detailed oriented, consistency, and accuracy
6. Knows how to use biological and chemical formulae in calculations and in practice to prepare experimental reagents. Can competently operate research specific as well as standard laboratory equipment.
7. Has the ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation in order to load cases of lab supplies on storage shelves and transfer waste containers
8. Knows how to record information clearly and accurately in order to maintain laboratory notebooks
9. Has organizational and managerial skills to maintain the general order, cleanliness, and safety of the laboratory
10. Ability to provide excellent customer service to meet laboratory needs
11. Ability to independently carry out instructions
12. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
13. Excellent organizational skills to manage diverse projects
14. Ability to preserve confidentiality of sensitive information
15. Ability to interact professionally with all internal and external entities