- Works with other team members in defining and specifying user interface requirements.
- Participates in the analysis of algorithms and requirements for computational resources and hardware architecture required.
- Presents software architectures, design progress, and study results at program meetings.
- Assists in program design reviews with customer.
- Remains abreast of all applicable technical advancements and participates in technical consulting to military and private sector customers.
- Participates in the initiation and development of plans and designs along novel lines of approach.
- Interprets and evaluates analytical and experimental data and results of investigations on advanced programs.
- Undertakes technical analysis and coordination, formulates opinions, and acts in a technical advisory capacity.
- Validates and develops new mathematical models.
- Applies and adapts theoretical principles to develop new computer software and/or hardware solutions.
- Develops approaches to solve analytical problems and documents methodologies.
- Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies.
- Adheres to approved MERC MSP quality management policies and principles and promotes an attitude of commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Ensures thorough familiarity and awareness of all MERC core capabilities and remains alert for any opportunities to promote MERC capabilities and interests to customers and potential customers.
- Submits suggestions for new business opportunities or report identified customer problems or opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.
- Responsible for support and execution of other tasks as assigned by the responsible director.