- Works with other team members in defining and specifying user interface requirements.
- Participates in the analysis of algorithms and requirements for computational resources and hardware architecture required.
- Presents software architectures, design progress, and study results at program meetings.
- Assists in program design reviews with customers.
- Remains abreast of all applicable technical advancements and participates in the technical consulting to military and private company customers.
- Participates in the initiation and development of plans and designs along novel lines of approach.
- Interprets and evaluates analytical and experimental data and results of investigations of advanced programs.
- Undertakes technical analysis and coordination, formulates opinions, and acts in a technical advisory capacity.
- Responsible for support and execution of other tasks as assigned by the responsible supervisor.
- Ensures familiarity with all MERC core capabilities and with current and potential customer base.
- During all customer contacts, remains alert for any potential problems or opportunities that could possible lead to additional business for any MERC core capability area.
- Reports all perceived of identified MERC business opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.