- Estimates time and equipment required for completion of fabrication of mechanical, electrical, or electronic parts or tools from engineering drawings.
- Fabricates mechanical, electrical or electronic parts or tools from tooling or engineering drawings.
- Supervises the fabrication and diagnostic activities of mechanical, electrical, or electronic technicians to be on schedule and within budget as determined by the Program Manager.
- Performs diagnostic tests of mechanical, electrical or electronic parts or assemblies.
- Performs mechanical, electrical, or electronic functional assessments and makes recommendations to engineers.
- Inspects mechanical, electrical, or electronic parts and assemblies for conformance to engineering drawings, parts lists, schematics, and electrical interconnect listings.
- Prepares purchase requisitions.
- Assembles, disassembles, repairs, and maintains mechanical, electrical or electronic systems or subsystems.
- Ensures familiarity with all MERC core capabilities, and with current and potential customer base.
- Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
- During all customer contacts, be alert for any potential problems or opportunities that could possibly lead to additional business for any MERC core capability area.
- Report all perceived or identified MERC business opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.
- Performs other job related duties in related areas as assigned.