- Leads others performing advanced engineering research and development in the solution of complex problems on programs of broad scope.
- Responsible for software architecture, technical leadership, high-level design, and coding of state-of-the-art systems.
- Responsible for the leadership of design, development and implementation of multiple OS on platforms, peripherals, and applications using a range of applicable technologies (i.e.: programming languages, compilers, assemblers and other tools) and software engineering methodologies.
- Apply specific skills as required including, but not limited to: programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; embedded software/firmware.
- Apply strong analytical problem solving and debugging skills for complex issues across multiple programs.
- Responsible for the successful delivery, integration, and deployment of quality software.
- Effectively lead interactions with business partners to drive the design, implementation, integration, and deployment.
- Apply experience and leadership skills in all phases of software development: feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test, and delivery.
- Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
- Adheres to approved MERC CMMI quality management policies and principles, and promotes an attitude of commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Effectively manage and lead cross-functional teams addressing complex programs, issues, and problems.
- Ensure thorough familiarity and awareness of all MERC core capabilities, and with the MERC current and potential customer base.
- During all business related activities, particularly during customer contacts, be alert for any problem or opportunity that might lead to additional business for any MERC core business area.
- Whenever possible, use any available opportunity to promote MERC capabilities and interests to customers and potential customers.
- Submit suggestions for new business opportunities or report identified customer problems or opportunities to the Senior Director of Advanced Programs through your Technical Director.