• Responsible for individual and team participation in logistics analytical, engineering, acquisition and sustainment programs
• Applies research techniques and expertise to perform assigned tasks and participate with teams in logistics planning and support of research and development programs, life cycle systems management during acquisition, distribution, sustainment and disposal phases of a system lifecycle
• Plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates technical project management tools such as plans, schedules and compliance templates/matrices
• Responsible for monitoring progress of assigned programs, ensuring tasks are accomplished within cost, schedule and performance requirements of the work effort
• Collects, compiles and analyzes data on logistics elements such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing and distribution, supplier management, transportation and distribution.
• Requires a Ph.D in logistics or a closely related area from an accredited college or university and no experience, a Masters degree in same and 3 years of directly related experience; or Certification as a Professional Logistician (CPL) and 3 years directly related experience; or an Undergraduate degree in logistics or a closely related area and 6 years directly related experience; or no degree and 9 years of directly related experience and a recognized expert in the respective field.
• Extensive technical and specialized knowledge in logistics activities such as equipment maintenance or maintenance planning.