• Responsible for assisting in the design and performing assigned detailed engineering efforts in the assigned discipline under the
guidance of an engineer, including but not limited to the following tasks:
o Analysis of existing technology applications, processes, and products, taking into consideration costs, life cycle considerations,
reliability, maintainability, productivity, and long-term support.
o Performing intensive technology research & evaluation of a broad array of alternative solutions to improve existing implementations.
o Defining and implementing advanced technological implementations and evaluations to provide risk reduction & determine production
feasibility of improved and alternate technological implementations.
o Designing, implementing, and achieving operational status of advanced technological and engineering approaches to satisfy customer
• Responsible for participation in detailed cross functional engineering communication, design, evaluation, and implementations
achieving novel and unique functionality and capability through multi-disciplined engineering applications through:
o Participation in multidiscipline design teams and process action team efforts.
o Preparing and presenting design alternatives to a multidiscipline review peer group.
o Preparing and implementing designs that apply multidiscipline solutions achieving breakthrough performance and unique technological
• Responsible for assisting in providing technical interface with present and perspective customers through the following activities:
o Diagnosing existing and perspective customer needs and opportunities through informal and formal interaction to understand present
operations and limitations and customer priorities and needs.
o Preparing and presenting detailed technical presentations, using information gathered both directly and indirectly, to provide customer
insight into technological capabilities that could significantly improve operations.
o Ensuring strong technical communication and understanding through use of terms, design illustrations, and operating paradigms
common to the customer experience.
• Provides detailed technical information to lead engineer to allow tracking of cost, schedule, and technical risk assessments at all stages
• Ensures familiarity with all MERC core capabilities and with current and potential customer base.
• During all customer contacts, remains alert for any potential problems or opportunities that could possibly lead to additional business for
any MERC core capability area.
• Reports all perceived or identified MERC business opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.