- Assists more senior engineers in the design, creation, modification, integration, test, or maintenance of applications, embedded software, engineering/scientific software, web applications, client-server applications, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence-based software solutions.
- Communicates with colleagues and more senior developers on technical designs and development.
- Collaborates with Technical Leads and senior engineers to obtain information on software limitations and/or capabilities.
- Documents the software design using flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, self-documenting code, inline comments, and/or other appropriate documentation.
- Develops software solutions by studying existing code, user requirements, data usage, and systems flow.
- Provides internal and external customers with up-to-date project status.
- Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
- Adheres to approved MSP quality management policies and principles, and promotes and attitude of commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- During all business-related activities, particularly during customer contacts, remains alert for any problem or opportunity that might lead to additional business for any MERC core business area.
- Whenever possible, uses any available opportunity to promote MERC capabilities and interests to customers and potential customers.
- Reports potential MERC business opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through the Chief Engineer.