- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- CNC operator experience including programming, setup, operation, and part QA.
- Will comply with all quality and safety standards and rules.
- Completes work on time and under budget.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and proficiency at reading precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and dial indicators.
- Must have knowledge or cutting tools and inserts for turning, drilling, boring, threading, and milling.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specification, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to maintain tolerance and finishes to engineering and manufacturing specifications.