- Serves as internal resource on structured programming techniques for software systems.
- Leads program design reviews with customer.
- Responsible from the initial concept to hardware design, coding and debugging to meet specifications.
- Performs analysis of algorithms and requirements for computational resources and hardware architecture required.
- Responsible for leading a team to develop systems software features, including the design, implementation and deployment of device drivers, kernel enhancements, and other essential system-level software.
- Demonstrates proficiency in multiple software languages and operating systems.
- Responsible for leading a team to perform analysis, design, software development, and maintenance tasks for highly complex systems.
- Responsible for coaching less experienced computer scientists and ensuring adherence to design and coding standards and practices.
- Demonstrates the ability to mentor and lead less experienced team members.
- Leads the development, test, and integration of code for new or existing software of significant complexity involving multiple teams.
- Remains abreast of all applicable technical advancements and participates in the technical consulting to military and private company customers.
- Validates and develops new mathematical models.
- Applies and adapts theoretical principles to develop new computer software and/or hardware solutions.
- Develops approaches to solve analytical problems and documents methodologies.
- Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
- Adheres to approved MERC MSP quality management policies and principles and promotes an attitude of commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Ensures thorough familiarity and awareness of all MERC core capabilities and remains alert for any opportunities to promote MERC capabilities and interests to customers and potential customers.
- Submits suggestions for new business opportunities or report identified customer problems or opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.