• Reports to the Deputy Director of Engineering and Programs.
• Works with the MERC Technical Director(s) and Chief Engineers to plan, staff, and manage assigned programs according to and in compliance with MERC Standard Processes.
• Maintains up-to-date detailed programmatic/technical schedules for an assigned program throughout the life of the assigned programs.
• Directly responsible for accurate reporting of execution of assigned programs tracking budget, scope, schedule.
• Provides periodic programmatic and technical reviews of assigned programs to all management stakeholders as directed, including all MERC Directors.
• Directs and coordinates the efforts of others whose assignment is a portion of, or related to, assigned programs in order to maximize adherence to program schedules and budgets.
• May act as proposal manager responsible for development of programmatic and technical approach. Provides labor and other direct charges (ODC) estimates and manages development of proposal briefings as required.
• Encourages assigned program personnel to recommend potential program follow-on and/or tangential future business opportunities and provides those recommendations to Senior Director of Engineering and Programs.
• After program completion, provides a written performance evaluation of each member of the proposal execution team to the respective team member’s immediate supervisor.
• Responsible for support and execution of other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
• Oversees activities of Program Managers and Staff Program Managers to plan for their ongoing career development and ensure program execution of assigned programs is successful.