Chief Engineer, Rotary Wing
Job Vacancy: 19-ED-05
Work type: MERC
Location: Warner Robins, GA (MERC)
Categories: MERC (Mercer Engineering Research Center)
Chief Engineer, Rotary Wing
Warner Robins, GA
|Hours Per Week
• In coordination with the program manager, assures project plans are developed and coordinated across the organization.
• Manages the engineering team and oversees training of new employees.
• Justifies all budget and resource allocation recommendations to senior management.
• Oversees preparation of reports, such as statistical and data analysis reports, for all engineering processes including reports and data analysis for review by the executive staff.
• Interfaces with customers to develop and capture requirements.
• Ensures all programs stay on budget and within schedule.
• Allocates resources effectively including personnel, materials, and time.
• Reviews quality and effectiveness of the finished product.
• Provides training strategy development for their product area.
• Provides capital investment requirement for their product area.
• Leads proposal writing teams in the development of proposals.
• Leads business development activities within the product area.
• Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
• Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
• Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
• Protects MERC’s intellectual property by keeping information confidential.
||-U.S. Citizenship is required.
-Successful candidates must be capable of obtaining a DoD secret security clearance.
-This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering (EE, ME, AE, IE, etc.) field from an ABET accredited institution and 15 years of experience leading technical teams; or an advanced degree in a relevant engineering field and 13 years of experience leading technical teams.
- Must have experience leading teams of individuals from a variety of different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Knowledge of the principles of engineering, analysis, test, and design.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time management skills with an obsessive attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate and bridge the communications gap between the engineering team, service technicians, business managers, and clients, interfacing with each.
- Must have superior budgeting and cost management abilities, assessing estimated costs early in the project and bringing the actual costs in line.
- Must be able to draft clear and comprehensive reports on the statistical efficacy of projects, the use and allocation of resources, and the quality of each finished project.
- Must possess technical acumen and the ability to troubleshoot on a variety of projects.
- Must be able to perform business development activities to include: customer interface, costing/scheduling; technical proposal development.
-Knowledge and experience with CMMI Level 3 and greater programs.
- Additional requirements may be added as appropriate and as specified in the specific Personnel Requisition Form.
- Position is exempt from 9/80 work schedule.
|Does this position require travel for University business in a rental car or University owned vehicle?
Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend