The Prospect Research Associate, under direct supervision, will be responsible for the researching, collecting, and compiling of background materials and research reports of potential contributors to the University. Maintaining professional and ethical standards, the position's essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Researches prospects for major gifts, as prioritized by the Director of Advancement Services in coordination with the Senior Vice President for University Advancement. Assists with prospect and pipeline management meetings.
• Understanding of key principles of major gift fundraising and moves management concepts and prospect management best practices. Identifies and implements best practices to ensure screening and research capabilities are in line with professional standards and meet University Advancement needs. Working closely with the Director of Advancement Services, monitors portfolio moves management process within the database.
• Develops policies and procedures that establish and maintain standards of quality, accuracy, and timelines for prospect research. Ensures accurate and consistent recording of research within the database. Assists with update of biographical and employment information. Maintains prospect relationship links to various constituents within the database.
• Uses strong writing skills, attention to detail, and logical thinking, to provide comprehensive standardized research reports. Exercises sound judgement and the ability to identify and utilize credible sources of information.
• Evaluates, recommends the purchases and/or renewal of, and regularly reviews research resources, publications, services, and memberships for effectiveness, reliability, and comprehensive search of news, biographical, financial, business and foundation databases; explores new database opportunities, and attends training sessions.
• Provides administrative support to the Director of Advancement Services, as needed. Other duties as assigned.